Eh, this sounds like a so-so deal.
- 15 to 20% on Cap Gains/Dividends? That's a no win for (D) IMO, minor win for (R).
- Emergency benefits extended, a win for (D)
- 5 million dollar inheritance...big win for (R)
- 35% to 40% on Inheritance? Minor win for (D)
- Indexed to inflation, that's a win for (R), that means the inheritance limit will go up by inflation every year, which the government currently uses non-chained CPI.
- 400,000/450,000 tax raise to 39.6% for money after 400,000/450,000....I call that a minor loss for (D), minor win for (R).
- Sequestration pushed 2 months, 24 billion in spending paid for by half revenues/half cuts, half cuts come from defense/other half from everything else. No win for (D) or (R)
- Looks like the payroll tax cut is going, that's a minor loss for (D), means little to (R).
Overall (D) isn't getting much out of this deal.